- Turn on the water in the basement – see instructions in house information
- Open all the shutters and secure back against the walls – the downstairs bedroom and kitchen shutters are opened by turning the handles located beside each window. All others are conventional hinged shutters – open the windows/doors, open the shutters and secure open using the rotating keeps (there’s a knack to them you’ll soon work out!)
- Adjust the radiator valves in each room as appropriate; setting 2 should be about right.
- Turn all the radiators to the “frost” setting – the icon of an asterisk/snowflake
- Close and secure all shutters
- Turn off the water at the main stop tap in the basement utility area
- Ensure extractor fan main switch in first floor corridor is off
- Ensure all electrical appliances are unplugged and that all the cooker knobs are at 0